For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews Trust, trading as the British Golf Museum, a charity registered in Scotland under charity number SCO 07857 and having its registered office at Beach House, 9-11 Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9JA.
We may collect the following personal and non-personal information from you in connection with the Website:
- We collect personal information from you if you sign up to receive our newsletter. We also collect personal information about people who provide feedback in relation to the Website.
- We collect personal information that you provide in relation to any Website user account you may hold with us, transactions you carry out through the Website and the fulfillment of your orders.
- We use software that collects personal information that you provide in relation to inquiries, orders or transactions that you start on the Website but which you then abandon or do not complete, i.e. the data is captured regardless of whether you click “next” or “submit” on the relevant page.
- We also collect certain non-personal information when you visit and use the Website. For example, we may collect and store your IP address, reference site domain name, and demographic information. We also may collect information including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and usage while on the Website. We will only collect such data in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified).
The above information may be used by us solely as set out in the paragraph “Use of Personal Information” below.
We would like to make you aware that cookies may be used on this Website. A cookie is a very small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive when accessing a website and it collects standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the Website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Use of personal information
We use information we collect about you for providing you with services that you request from us or information which we feel may interest you, if you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes. We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified) for statistical analysis.
We may also use information we collect about you in order to contact you by email in relation to any inquiry, order or transaction that you start on the Website but which you then abandon or do not complete. Such contact will be for the purpose of determining whether we can offer any assistance to help you complete the inquiry, order or transaction, or if we can provide alternative goods and services that may be of greater interest to you. We will not store your credit card number or financial details for this purpose.
We will not otherwise disclose personal information about you to any third party unless required to do so by law.
Linking to other websites
Updating account information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of this personal information please email or write to us at the address set out below. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We fully co-operate with the police in identifying those who use our service for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to the police any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful.
How to contact us
- by email at email@example.com; or
- write to us at R&A Championships Limited, Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.